Now Accepting Cadre Applications! 8th Annual ULTIMATE BEAR AND WINGS CHALLENGE Sierra Christian Service Camp Posey, CA 14-16 September 2018 * * [...]
8th Annual ULTIMATE BEAR AND WINGS CHALLENGE
Sierra Christian Service Camp
14-16 September 2018
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Senior Member Help is Always needed: Contact 1st Lt Osseck
Team Registration will open SOON! Get your teams together!
1. Assemble your team and identify your senior escort.
2. Register your team using this link: OPENING SOON
3. Once you receive your formal team acceptance notification (not the automated confirmation email), you will receive an event registration link to formally register and pay as an individual.
4. Each team member must individually register, upload required forms and pay for the event.Seniors, please ensure your cadets individually register/pay in a timely fashion.
(Event staff, you will receive a separate email with the direct registration link. Do not register as a team)
PLEASE! Do not wait until the deadline to register.
Limited team slots are available. Registration will be handled first come first serve. Delaying team registration could mean not being accepted to UBWC.
Team Registration Deadline: TBD
Individual Payment Deadline: TBD
Cost: $TBD Per Person (Cadets & Seniors)
This year the fee includes food.
We will not be collecting government ID information.
– 4 cadets, C/Amn and above, no more than 2 cadet officers per team
– 1 senior member escort to drive and stay with team for entire duration of the challenge.
– All members of the team should be prepared for physical fitness, aquatics, emergency services, and aerospace activities.
Challenges MAY Include:
– 3 Mile Run
– 100m ground sprint
– Ground agility and strength race
– 4x100m Team Relay Race
– 100m swimming lap
– Water checkpoint course
– Aquatic strength test
– Emergency Services challenge
– Team Leadership challenge
– Aerospace challenge
– More to come……..
*** Saturday Evening BBQ and Activities***
1st Lt. Jagger S. Osseck, CAP
UBWC 2018 Co-Project Officer
14 (Friday) - 16 (Sunday)
Sierra Christian Service Camp
44503 M-3, Posey, CA 93260
1st Lt Jagger Osseck
www.cawgcadets.org/ncossouth Part III of the California Wing Integrated Leadership Program Get “Hands On” Experience in: ● Instructional Methods “Learn to Teach” ● Instruction on [...]
Part III of the California Wing Integrated Leadership Program
Get “Hands On” Experience in:
● Instructional Methods “Learn to Teach”
● Instruction on Color Guard & Guidon
● Interaction – New Faces & New Experiences
● Evaluation Techniques
● Drill and Ceremonies “You’re in Charge”
● NCO Responsibilities
Students: Register at www.cawgcadets.org/ncossouth. Completed CAPF 31 (with signatures), 160, 161, & 163 (if under 18), which will be submitted along with payment during registration.
STUDENT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 7th, 2018
Scholarships are Available: Scholarships are available for cadets needing financial assistance. To find a list of available scholarships with instructions go to www.cawgcadets.org/scholarships.
Cadre: To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and completed Form31 (other forms will be submitted at a later date) to email@example.com.
● Cadet Commander
● Seminar Leaders (6)
● Assistant Seminar Leaders (6)
● Support Staff
● Public Affairs
Staff applications Due 18 August 2018!
Seniors: We need seniors to assist with mentoring of the students and cadet staff. If you are interested in serving in this important position, please contact Lt Col Mark Williams at Mark.Williams@cawgcap.org or call (310) 378-1191.
Questions: Contact Lt Col Mark Williams, CAP
Commandant, NCOS South
HAND CARRIED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
21 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 23 (Sunday) 4:00 pm
National Guard Armory, Bell, CA
5631 Rickenbacker Rd, Bell Gardens, CA 90201
Lt Col Mark Williams
This is a great training opportunity for BOTH Seniors AND Cadets. Note that this training event will have a mission number, an important element to completing SQTRs. I strongly [...]
This is a great training opportunity for BOTH Seniors AND Cadets. Note that this training event will have a mission number, an important element to completing SQTRs. I strongly encourage all personnel interested in progressing in their ES qualifications to attend. All personnel planning wishing to receive SQTR sign offs must be familiar with and have completed all prerequisite SQTRs.
WHERE: WILLIAM HEISE CAMPGROUND, JULIAN, CA 92036
WHEN: ARRIVE 1700-2000 FRI. 26 OCT 2018; DISMISSAL 1200 NOON SUN. 28 OCT 2018
COST: $50.00 PER PERSON (limited scholarships available)
MEALS INCLUDE: FRI. DINNER–SUN. BREAKFAST + SNACKS
PARTICIPATION SIGN UP DEADLINE: 16 OCT 2018
STAFF SIGN UP DEADLINE: 25 SEPT 2018
REGISTRATION: Online link coming soon. Otherwise, send Forms 31, 161, 163, 160 for cadets and 17 for Seniors to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org (Members who have previously registered are still registered).
STAFF APPLICATIONS: please send cover letter and resume to CAPT Jennifer Davenport at. For more information call or text at (858) 361-2286.
CADET AND SENIOR POSITIONS NEEDED: C/CC, C/DC, C/First Sergeant, C/Team Leaders, C/Asst Leaders, 2 Project Officers (Cadet or Senior), Cadet and Senior Mess Officers, Cadet and Senior Experienced ES Instructors, and Cadet or Senior PAO.
TWO TRAINING TRACKS OFFERED:
- Learn and earn ground team, urban direction finding, and mission radio skills for emergency service response AND/OR
- Learn about outdoor life: hot weather first responder skills, hot weather survival tips, tracking skills, backpacking tips, and more. More information after registration.
- SEARCH AND RESCUE EXERCISE OPPORTUNITY on Saturday: Must be a trainee or above in either GT, UDF, or MRO qualifications BEFORE the bivouac begins. Discuss requirements with your Commander or ES Officer. Have them email me if needed.
- PACKING LIST will be emailed out after the registration deadline.
26 (Friday) - 28 (Sunday)
William Heise County Park
4945 HEISE PARK RD, JULIAN, CA
Capt Jennifer Davenport